Skip to main content
Skip to main menu Skip to spotlight region Skip to secondary region Skip to UGA region Skip to Tertiary region Skip to Quaternary region Skip to unit footer


Changing to Ph.D. Program

Students admitted initially to the M.S. program may appeal to be promoted to the Ph.D. Program after at least four graduate Chemistry courses not graded S/U have been completed in the M.S. Program. The petition for promotion will be considered by the Admissions Committee in the same way that the initial application to the degree program is handled for new students. A student desiring promotion should submit a completed Request for Change of Degree Objective form signed by the major professor (but not by the Graduate Coordinator) to the Graduate Program Administrator. The Graduate Program Administrator will assemble an up-to-date file with transcripts and letter of recommendation from his/her major advisor. The Admissions Committee will review the file and make a recommendation to the Graduate School.

Support Us

We appreciate your financial support. Your gift is important to us and helps support critical opportunities for students and faculty alike, including lectures, travel support, and any number of educational events that augment the classroom experience. Click here to learn more about giving.

Every dollar given has a direct impact upon our students and faculty.

Got More Questions?

Undergraduate inquiries: 

Registration and credit

AP Credit, Section Changes, Overrides,

Graduate inquiries:

Contact Us!

Assistant to the Department Head: Donna Spotts, 706-542-1919 

Main office phone: 706-542-1919 

Main Email:

Head of Chemistry: Prof. Jason Locklin